There are two groups of people. One in favor, and the other tired of the clichéd holiday: Valentine’s Day. Sometimes you can’t find the words you’d like to say. A song can help. The lyrics seem to express your feelings more than you can describe. It can also do a better job at doing the talking than you feel you could ever do.
If you’re in love, you may want to sing one of the top five tunes for the one you admire.
The last half of the track list is for those in the heartbroken or single group. You may have dated a liar, a narcissist, a controller, or a good for nothing. Or, you never had the one thing everyone celebrates on February 14.
Put a quarter in and play all the songs. Which group do you belong to? Which song would you sing or play to your loved one or your ex? Share your comments below.
1. Paul Anka – “Puppy Love”
2. Chubby Checker – “Lovely, Lovely”
3. Lesley Gore – “Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows”
4. Herman’s Hermits – “I’m Into Something Good”
5. The Beatles – “I Want to Hold Your Hand”
6. Patty Duke – “Everything But Love”
7. The Monkees – “Words”
8. Lesley Gore – “You Don’t Own Me”
9. Carly Simon – “You’re so Vain”
10. Linda Ronstadt – “You’re no Good”